Agile Innovation Funding
Co-funded under European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
Polar Ice successfully applied for funding towards the costs of undertaking a research and development programme under the Research, Development & Innovation Fund. A grant under the Agile Innovation Fund was awarded in September 2021 by Offaly Local Enterprise Office in conjunction with Enterprise Ireland. The project is co-funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF).
The funding has been used for two projects of major strategic
importance to the company:
The equipment was installed and commissioned in March 2022 and has:
- Improved the safety, health and welfare of our employees by eliminating repetitive manual handling tasks
- Increased process efficiency by 60%
- Increased our product flexibility
To reduce running costs and energy usage in our dry ice manufacturing process, while increasing our overall output capacity.
The project involved a redesign of critical components in our CO2 recovery system. The project went live in April 2022 and to date we can demonstrate:
- increased production capacity and continued production efficiency during periods of prolonged high ambient temperatures (28oC and higher).
- a reduction in kWh per tonne of dry ice produced (5.31% saving).
- a reduction in the amount of CO2 used to produce one tonne of dry ice.
Our head office and manufacturing premises are located in Co. Laois, with depots in Santry Dublin, Little Island Cork, and Portadown Armagh.
CIDO Business Complex,
+44 (0)28 4375 8045